HR Job Opportunities
As a service to our members, OKHR offers HR job listings. Jobs posted must be in the HR profession.
Any OKHR member may post a job. Please click here to post a job. After you fill out the simple form, your request will be reviewed and will be posted to HR Job Opportunities upon approval.
If you have questions, please contact Bryan Wempen via submission form:
Date Posted: January 9, 2013
Job Title: Senior Generalist
Company: Riverwind Casino
Location: Norman, OK
The Sr. HR Generalist functions as an internal strategic business partner and consultant to help build organizational capability to meet financial and strategic goals through effective HRM. This position will communicate with multiple levels of management, write/analyze and interpret data from various sources in order to solve problems which require an intermediate level of knowledge in the human resource field, and make decisions where procedures are available, exercising application of judgment and independent action. The Sr. HR Generalist also serves as the champion of the organizational financial success and employee satisfaction. Ensures that company HR programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and culture values
Supervision Received: HR Manager
Supervision Exercised: HR Staff
Essential Job Functions:
Each employee is required to support the mission of the Chickasaw Nation upon becoming a member of the Chickasaw Nation team. Our mission is to better the lives of the Chickasaw people in all that we do.
Every employee is responsible to create a winning experience for our guests. What is a “winning experience”? It encompasses exemplary guest services, salesmanship of our players’ cards and all properties, and a true passion to serve our guests.
Develop partnerships with managers/supervisors in the staffing process, including identifying staffing needs, recruiting, transfer/promotions, and terminations.
Staff facility and/or office by posting jobs, conducting and/or overseeing initial screening, interviewing, and reference checking in order to ensure potential candidates meet the needs of the organization as well as the “Winning Experience Philosophy”.
Follow up with candidates verbally and in writing to maintain interest and/or provide notification of hiring decisions.
Create reports using HRIS system in order to ensure management decisions are based on accurate data (Headcount reporting, labor analysis, performance management, etc.)
Develop partnerships inside and outside of HR to contribute and implement with management all company employment and HR policies, practices and procedures, taking account of relevant legal requirements, bench-marked best practices, and the needs of the business.
Oversee and assist with HR projects as required by the HR management team to ensure that HR policies and procedures are developed continuously to meet overall business requirements.
Increase effectiveness of HR programs and processes by training and counseling employees, providing feedback and analysis of current effectiveness and impact, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Communicate/Revise internal policy, practices, and procedures based on an in-depth understanding of the Employee Handbook and internal practices to promote consistent and fair decisions by management regarding employee relations and complaint resolution processes in a timely, responsive, and effective manner.
Develop and implement management training development programs to achieve organization goals. In the absence of the HR Manager, perform assigned management duties and/or reporting. Develop strategic initiatives that have a substantial impact on the company’s success overall, while evaluating the impact of decisions on the employee population. Perform all other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Business, HR or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be able to work on sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality. Must be able to meet multiple individual and team deadlines in a fast paced, changing, dynamic work environment with changing priorities. Must possess strong knowledge of Human Resources including but not limited to HR Strategy, Employment Law, Job Analysis, Organizational Development, and Recruiting. Skilled at negotiation and conflict resolution, employee relations, leadership coaching, and change management. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to proactively deal with all levels of internal and external management, as well as front-line employees. Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills and experience leading projects.
Advanced computer literacy with specific proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to effortlessly switch from thinking about programs at a higher/strategic level to producing results as both part of a team and as an individual contributor. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build business partnerships and to establish rapport and credibility at all levels.
Training and Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a Generalist role is required, preferably in multi-site/multi-state environments.
One (1) year of experience in effectively motivating and managing performance of subordinate support positions.
Licenses/Certifications/Other: Professional or Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR,SPHR)
Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Chickasaw Nation office of the Gaming Commission as required to work in gaming operations.
Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result. Please apply online at
Job Title: HR Manager
Company: Top OKC Firm
Location: Oklahoma City
Reports to: Executive VP of Operations
Salary range: DOE
Exciting HR opportunity with one of OKC’s most admired and rapidly growing firms. This position will be responsible for the oversight of all Human Resource functions throughout the United States and will office out of the headquarters in Oklahoma City.
Human Resource Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing by working closely with the recruiting team; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
Contact Name: OKC HR