Applications for the Sloan Award extended
to May 10, 2013
Are you the best family friendly workplace in Oklahoma?
Apply at www.whenworkworks.org by May 10, 2013!
The Oklahoma State Council for Human Resource Management and the Potts Family Foundation are proud to serve as Community Partners in the When Work Works program, a national initiative led by the partnership of Families and Work Institute (FWI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). When Work Works is one of the foremost providers of resources, research and best practices on workplace effectiveness and flexibility in the nation.
Workplace flexibility is a dynamic relationship defining how, when and where work gets done as well as how careers are organized – that works for both the employer and employee. Workplace flexibility is an important business strategy that helps organizations respond to demographic, economic and technological changes in the workplace and to community needs. It may include Choices in Managing Time, Flex Time and Flex Place, Reduced Time, Time Off, Flex Careers, Dealing with Overwork, Culture of Flexibility, etc.
The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility recognizes businesses who have achieved success in workflex practices as a part of their business strategy. There is no cost to apply for a business and if they pass round one (employer application) by being ranked in the top 20% of employers nationwide, which is adjudicated by the Families and Work Institute based on their National Study of Employers, they move to round two, which is the employee anonymous survey. Each employer receives valuable benchmarking data regardless if the employer moves on to become an award recipient. An employer only needs 10 employees to apply and where a company has multiple worksites, each worksite can apply.
Top 10 Reasons to Apply for the Sloan Award:
- 10 - Provides a great opportunity to strengthen your organization’s brand.
- 9 - Let’s your customers know that you are an employer of choice in responding to the needs of employees and their families.
- 8 - Gives you a tool to use to recruit, develop and retain top talent.
- 7 - Involves you in a vibrant and engaging network of organizations that are using workplace flexibility as an effective business strategy.
- 6 - Increases your organization’s visibility by being an expert source on issues of effective and flexible workplaces for the media.
- 5 - Shows your employees that an effective and flexible workplace is a priority for your organization.
- 4 - Offers you the opportunity to be a winner and get national and local recognition.
- 3 - Enables you to be featured in the Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work “Work”, the go-to source on best practices.
- 2 - Provides an opportunity for you to learn what your organization is already doing well and how these efforts can be enhanced through the benchmarking report provided to all applicants.
- 1 - Allows you to stand out from your competition as an organization whose leadership values its employees.
Please visit www.whenworkworks.org for more information and to apply. Applications are open from Jan. 14, 2013, through May 10, 2013.
Recipients of the Sloan Awards will be recognized at a local event later this year and be included in the 2014 edition of the Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work Work.
To view an informative, brief video on the employer application overview, click here.
For more information, contact Laura Moxley, SPHR – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community Sponsor:
Our Community Partners:
Page Views: 559