For the first time ever, the OKHR State Conference will be providing a place for our attendees to get a professional head shot for at least a $25 donation to the SHRM Foundation. Just in case that amazing low price and the ability to donate to the foundation that provides so much for us isn’t enough to motivate you to look your level best on Wednesday, April 12 and Thursday, April 13, here are 5 reasons you need a (new) head shot.
- To be the (wo)man, you must look like the (wo)man
- HR’s struggle is real when it comes to getting a table at the C-Suite. You won’t see Mary Barra, Jack Welch, or Sheryl Sandberg with a sub-par photo for any professional pieces or websites. Dress for success, get photographic evidence and publish it often.
- Selfies are for Facebook
- Selfie Sticks are awesome for the perfect picture looking like you are high-fiving Russell Westbrook at a thunder game, or taking a large picture of all the people you met at the OKHR State Conference. Selfies, however, do not represent a professional image on your LinkedIn page, company websites and professional blogs.
- Seriously, this is your career
- You are spending $400+ to be at this OKHR State Conference. It’s an incredible value and investment in your career. You have a chance to spend $25 on a head shot to ensure that when recruiters come calling your LinkedIn pic is not appalling. Take it!
- When you look good, we look good
- You are representative of a fantastic profession that should be leading the pack when it comes to being in the C-Suite. Help ensure that you look the part of a professional, and that you represent our profession in a responsible manner.
- Here’s your one shot Fancy
- It’s so much easier to recall a person when you can place a face with a name. If you’ve grown a beard (this guy), colored your hair, or it’s been 5-10 years since your last head shot you might not be recognizable to some of the people you meet or have met at the OKHR State Conference. Make sure they can match a face with a name. (They just might be recruiting!)
Latest posts by Mike Shaw (see all)
- Get your Head(shot) in the Game at the 2017 OKHR State Conference! - April 6, 2017
- 5 Takeaways from the OKHR Conference - April 24, 2015
- 3 Ways to Leverage the 2015 OKHR State Conference - April 14, 2015